Barring any new localised Covid restrictions, the Autumn Meeting will go ahead as scheduled on Thu 1 and Fri 2 October. Both Newquay and Trevose are happy to take us, and catering for a rolling lunch is feasible at both. The traditional Thursday dinner may depend on the numbers wishing to attend and how/where they can be accommodated. It would be helpful if members could confirm, by email to email@example.com, that they still wish to take part so that a better estimate of numbers can be given to the clubs. Application forms should follow in the normal way
Progress at last. Barring any major Covid resurgence the matches against Sherborne (7 Aug) and the Seniors at Woking (10 Aug) will go ahead, albeit with limited catering. With the exception of the Aero match at Liphook, which has been cancelled due to major course remodelling, we hope that the remaining fixtures this year will take place as scheduled, possibly in a modified format, including the Autumn Meeting in Cornwall. Updates will be provided through Match Managers as the status of each match becomes clearer.
Sadly the hoped-for relaxations for golf clubs and social gatherings do not yet go so far as to allow matches and society meetings to take place; accordingly we have had to <strong>cancel all July matches</strong>. There is, however, still the chance of matches being permitted in August and September, albeit with limited catering. No decision has yet been taken on the Autumn Meeting in Cornwall. Hang in there, keep practicing at your home clubs, and we will eventually get some RNGS play this year!
Notwithstanding the recent relaxations which allow members to play at their home clubs, the current restrictions preclude social contact or fourball/foursome play. Accordingly, at the request of both our opponents and host clubs, we have had to cancel our June matches against Brokenhurst, The Royal Artillery (RAGS) and the RAF.
We are investigating whether the Brokenhurst match can be rescheduled later in the year.
No decision has yet been taken on the Summer Meeting at Tidworth (23 June) and the match against Rye (26/27 June) in the hope that further easing of the restrictions may happen before then
In view of the current health crisis, government guidance and restrictions at Liphook Golf Club, the Committee have reluctantly agreed to cancel the Spring Meeting and AGM this year.??
Given the average age & potential vulnerability of most of our members, and the distances most have to travel to play in matches, all RNGS matches are cancelled at least until the end of May.?
The situation will be kept under review and further match cancellations are probable.
Further information regarding AGM business will be promulgated soon. Keep safe everyone!